Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Job for Jake! (and slacker catch-up stuff)

Jake has officially accepted a job offer! He will start the week after we get back from California.(He has this entire month off!) We are both excited and nervous! I love change but Jake is more of a "comfort zone" kind of guy...so he is a little anxious. I think it will be a good move with a lot of great potential. Cross your fingers that it all works out! It is a local job(sort of)so we won't be moving far...but we will be moving. Lot's of change!

Last week and the week before were not so fun! Julie's in-laws had a family emergency and her and Chet took off for the Philippines leaving me to care for their boys for a week. (This was all arranged within a 24hr period!!!)The night they left, their kids came down with the actual Flu, Influenza! So of course I caught it and then so did the rest of my family! Not Fun! We were so miserable and pathetic! It was the worst! Anyway, I think I deserve the "Best Aunt/Sister of the Year" award!
She could only call us once the whole time they were gone and it was like a two minute conversation. I didn't even tell Julie that we were all sick...she would have just worried and there was nothing she could have done about it...so I spared her the agony. Everyone is fine now and the dust is starting to settle on the in-laws family ordeal. It was a whirlwind event and my heart goes out to my sister and her family. I love you!

Spring soccer has begun! It is condensed into one month so my head is spinning! Coleton has soccer three times a week until the end of April! It might not be so bad if it were a little warmer...Brrrrr... It's a lot of fun though and his team has improved a lot since last season. (I am such a soccer Mom) :)

0 comments: