Saturday, December 1, 2007

What Beautiful Pies! So Flakey and Delicious!

Alright, so I've been a major blog slacker. It's practically my only flaw so I don't feel too bad. ;)

Thanksgiving was great and the movie was so cute! Everyone had a good time and it is always fun to get together. I made a couple of pies this year to help my mom out with the overwhelming demand for "More Pie". She's big on having the perfect homemade pie crusts with beautifully tweaked edges. I just don't have the patience or the knack for that when Walmart's freezer section has a variety of preassembled ones for the taking! Nobody even knew that my pie crusts were store bought frozen ones! My mother would go berserk if she thought I hadn't made them from scratch, because store bought can't even come close to being as delicious as homemade! I embellished them a little and re-tweaked the edges of course. Diva Devious Deb Reigns Supreme! I got lots of compliments on how yummy my pies were and that the crusts were so flakey...They voted I make pies every year! I am still laughing! They were good though!

As for ping pong, I kicked some serious pong! Only Jake was able to beat me. He always wins at everything though so it doesn't count. I am the champ!

We got our tree up and everything is very Christmas around here! There are even a few presents under the tree already. Coleton said I put them there so early to torture them. They will have to stare at the packages for a month before they get to open them! I am sooo mean!

Well the snow has finally come and my kids are in a little snow heaven! They are out sledding at the "park with the big hill" right now. Jake is being a good dad and sledding with them. I volunteered to stay home and heat up the hot cocoa...aka blog in silence!



1 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Debra
Hey girl I miss you and our shifts. Your blog is looking so cute. I love the pictures. I am way excited for Christmas!
See ya.
Jaclyn