Thursday, June 26, 2008

What's Up Wednesday

Last Weekend was really fun and very summer-licious! Friday the kids played outside with their friends all day and into the night (They love to play night games!) Saturday morning our neighbors set up their monster blow-up water slide -it's huge!- and the kids had a blast sliding and splashing! We went to see Kung Fu Panda that afternoon and loved it! We laughed all the way through the movie...very cool. We cleaned house for a bit and then went back outside for the rest of the day and again into the night. Sunday we pulled down our garden fence, cleaned out the garden area and put in a fire pit! We had game night in the backyard complete with roasted hot dogs and smore's. It was so great and everyone had an awesome time! It was so nice to hang out on the patio and the weather was perfect once the shade hit us.

Monday we bought fireplace inserts for the cabin! One wood burning and one gas. We arranged for delivery and installation and got a smokin' deal! I am so excited! The sub-plumbing is done and we are going up this weekend to dig holes for the deck posts with a mini excavator.

Coleton left for scout camp early this morning. He will be gone until Saturday afternoon. I'm not as stressed out about it this year as I was last year. But, I'm still a Mom and so I worry and fret until I can't stand it and have to find something to take my mind off it. Busy is best! At least I didn't cry myself to sleep like I did last year! I'm sure he is having a ton of fun and earning lots of cool merit badges!

Wednesday I worked with Julie (always a blast!) and afterwards we went to lunch with the girls and then she and I went to look at exterior doors for the cabin but the sales guy was a twit so we didn't buy any. We will go back when it's the "cool guy" the Chet knows who is working. Ugh, I just really don't like stupid people.

0 comments: