Friday, June 29, 2007

Caden's Birthday

My baby is 6! Can you believe it?! Where has the time gone? I spent this whole last week thinking that we have truly entered the next phase of life. No more babies, no more toddlers, no more preschoolers. All my kids will be in school and then what?! What does a mom do with all that time? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it all, I just don't know where to even begin! I have so much I want to do for ME; things that have been on hold for a while, it is a little overwhelming! I think this year will be the test run...next year when Cade is in school all day?...That will be the real deal! But for almost three hours every morning Monday through Friday, I will be all alone! Wow! I'm both excited and nervous...
Anyway, back to Cade's b-day. We went and saw Ratatouille today (very cute) and ate at sonic for lunch. We had his favorite dinner -roasted chicken- and then set up his new "big daddy" basketball hoop! He informed us that he had outgrown the little plastic "kid" ones and that he wanted a big basketball hoop AND a basketball for his birthday. He is actually a pretty good shot! Cassie was making most of her shots too! Caden's party is tomorrow morning and he is really, really excited! It's his first friend party!
Coleton gets home from scout camp tomorrow as well and I am counting down the minutes! I have missed him sooo much! I havn't sleep since he left...I guess I'll always worry about my kids. It's what moms do right?!
Oh side note: The other day Cassie was talking about starting cheer lessons and said she couldn't wait for them to begin so that she could start having "attitude"! You should see her demonstrate what she means by attitude! She has the hands on hips, valley girl voice, and the head bobin' around...Awesome!!! I need to get it on video!

1 comments:

jodi said...

I love that picture of Cassie, it is beautiful. I still need to do your pictures, I will call you.