Wednesday, June 6, 2007

You don't say...

It has come to my attention that I talk about my kids...A LOT! Well, if I do, and I'm certainly not denying that I do, it's only because they are hilarious! I am amazed at the things they say. I laugh so hard I cry sometimes. I've decided to keep a sort of journal on the things that they and I say or do so that I don't forget, because that would be the greatest tragedy of all. Feel free to comment or add your own funny moment. I will continue to update on the doings of my family because that will help you all to understand us and our dynamics a little better.




  • Coleton and I were having the classic "Trust me Coleton, I know a little more than you do" argument in the car the other day. He sighs and huffs and rolls his eyes at me then coolly comments, "Mom, you might know more about life, but I know more about stuff!" And so it begins, my downward spiral from being the all knowing Mom to the life lecturing know it all that apparently knows nothing Mom.




  • Caden was being his cute little self at the store the other day when a woman leans down to him and says "Oh you are so cute, what's your name?" and Caden, without missing a beat looks up at her and says, "My name is Forest, Forest Gump." I thought I was gonna fall over I was laughing so hard!




  • You know you've spent too much time in the mountains when you look out the kitchen window and see your five year old drop trouser and pee on a tree in the backyard! When I questioned him on why he didn't come inside and use the toilet he simply said, "Why, there's a tree right here." Duh. So I told him he wasn't allowed to pee on our trees. Two days later I catch him peeing through the fence on the neighbors tree! I guess I should have been more specific!


2 comments:

jodi said...

Deb-
I love your blog- what a great idea to keep a journal of your kids! I love your pictures, you have a beautiful family!

jill said...

Debra
I want you to know that your kids are adoreable and your idea is splendid! FYI- watch your Hemodynamics... Ha ha