Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's Up Wednesday






-Thursday we (Mom, Brett, Lori, Julie, and I) took my dad out to lunch for his birthday. It was fun to hang out together and take a break in the middle of the day. We are "that" group of people that laughs too loud and stays too long...You know who I'm talking about...we've all given them dirty looks :) But it was fun so oh well...Sorry.
-I had three of my nephews for a few days this week while Brett & Lori went to California...So fun for them...so crazy for me! The kids loved it and had a blast playing together. I doubled the number of kids I am use to having so I really was a super mom this last week -yes, I just gave myself kudos.
-Saturday we went to a party and had a really good time. Mmmm prime rib, good wine, and stuffed mushrooms! On the way home we passed a car that was stopped on the side of the road in the pouring rain. The people were waving a flashlight at us so we stopped, but then they waved us on. So we started to go but then they waved us back. So we backed up and I rolled down my window to ask if they needed help. Then their car door opened and a Cheech and Chong smoke cloud came billowing out of the car along with the sweet scent of marijuana! It was a car full of strung out teenagers! They were playing with the flashlights making pretty designs in the air and being totally stupid! We laughed and drove away hoping they wouldn't kill themselves or anyone else! (We were secretly jealous of the "teen years" they were experiencing and all of the joys and illusions of freedom that go with it)
-Sunday was card night with the Becksteads...Girls completely stomped the boys! Girl Power!!! We are having a re-match on Friday for my b-day. (Oct. 27th I will be 28 yet again!)
-Last night was our church Halloween party. The kids looked so cute in their costumes! Coleton and the scouts did balloon animals for their fun booth. They made some really cool things, I was impressed! They were all supposed to dress up like clowns but Coleton was a little too "cool" to be a stupid clown so he reluctantly settled on being a sad motorcycle clown...seriously he was sad. I forced him to dress up and it was almost WW III! He was positive no one else would dress up -heaven forbid he be "different". Hello!!! Halloween Party! Costumes NOT Optional! Besides he waited until 20 minutes before the party to tell me he needed a clown costume!!! Can you say Super Mom yet again! I totally come to the rescue with eye liner and black lipstick and he freaks out! I should have video taped the process. You would have given me a standing ovation and a gold star for not abandoning ship. He was a turd the whole time. But, as you will see from the photos, he looked really cool and all ended well. Everyone else dressed up and even though I didn't get an "I'm sorry" or a "thank you Mom you rock" I know he was thinking it ;)

0 comments: